I am loving this book so much. I can totally understand why so many people fell in love with these characters (even the bad ones), and why we all want more. I am trying to develop a reading schedule with this book so I can do weekly posts here, however, I have to take more time to read this one so I can annotate and take notes, and it’s not moving as quickly as I would like. Anyway, when I get to read it, I love it and I can’t wait to get to the next 100 pages!
Still annotating it and loving it. I’ve started to notice a theme here because we are either hearing from the Stark family more than the others or I’m just liking what they have to say more because there is a lot more blue markers than the other colors. It’s definitely looking like Winter is coming! 🙂
- Catelyn Stark getting up from the bed with wounds on her hands and throat and deciding SHE will go tell what happened with the assassin.
- Every freaking thing about Arya Stark. She’s just the best!
- I feel so sorry for Daenerys. When she hit her brother back I actually clapped my hands.
- Eddard Stark is really funny in a quiet, calm way. I love him.
“the common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends,” Ser Jorah told her. “It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace.” He gave a shrug. “The never are.”Title Quote!
- Prince Joffery has been added to my hated list. Along with the hound.
- I hated no one listening to Arya. Sansa made me so angry about everything around the Micah situation.
- I thought Prince Joffrey was going to kill Arya!
- Sansa lying to everyone for a stupid prince instead of defending her sister!
- Lady being killed!
- Daenerys is already pregnant on her 14th birthday!
Things I think I need to remember going forward
- The knife that was used to attack Bran belonged to Tyrion, but was he the one who commanded the assassin?
- Arya’s dog, Nymeria, is somewhere in the forest where she told her to go hide since she knew she’d be killed.
- Bran named his wolf summer.
- Apparently there has been actual summer for a long time which makes more sense that Winter is coming
- Tyrion gave some good advice to Jon about being a bully and his arrogance. I thought this was great!
- Ned found out about Arya’s sword, Needle, and then set her up for “dancing practice”.
I’ll see you after the next 100 pages!